REGISTRATION AND REINSTALLATION HELP & TUTORIAL
For WidevieW, Widetraffic, Key2Mouse, Key2LAN, FS Earth, fs6DOFware
Please select the software you need to activate or scroll down to consult the troubleshoot guide:
- Registration help: WidevieW 2021 for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)
- Registration help: Widetraffic 2021 for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)
- Registration help: WidevieW for FSX / ESP / P3D
- Registration help: Widetraffic for FSX / ESP / P3D
- Registration help: WidevieW for FS2002 / FS2004
- Registration help: fs6DOFware for FSX
- Registration help: Key2Mouse
- Registration help: Key2LAN
- Registration help: FS Earth for FS2004
- Registration help: FS Earth for FSX
NOTE: The product needs to be reactivated each time the hard drive is reformatted, or some significant hardware upgrade is performed. Your Order Number and Serial Number lasts for lifetime, but a new Activation Key is required, should any of the previous condition met. DO NOT recycle older Installation ID or Activation Key on reinstallations, but obtain a new one through your Serial Number.
If you have lost your sale's receipt with serial number please click HERE to obtain a copy.
SOFTWARE REGISTRATION TROUBLESHOOT GUIDE
I get error -25001 "Serial number not found" OR error -25000 "Invalid Activation Set ID" OR error "Invalid installation ID"
- The payment for the Serial Number was made less than 15 minutes ago, please wait at least 15 minutes after the payment, before trying to activate the software.
- You are not using the correct serial number for the product that you are trying to activate. Please consult the sale's receipt issued with your purchase and verify if the Serial Number is actually for the product that you are activating (FS Earth, WidevieW, etc.). Also, keep in mind that a Serial Number shipped for a Flight Simulator 2004 add-on cannot be used to activate the same product in Flight Simulator X / ESP / P3D or vice versa. Please check on the sale's receipt to verify if the Serial Number that you are using is valid for the client simulator in use.
- There are typo errors on the Serial Number. To fix the error, type the serial number correctly, watching for 0 and O; l and 1; 5 and S. If possible, copy (select the Serial Number on the sale's receipt and press CTRL+C) then paste (click in the Serial Number box and press CTRL+V) it to prevent any typo error. Make sure that no blank spaces or other unwanted characters are present before and after the serial number, even if you copy & paste it! Due to a Windows bug, when you copy& paste something, the operative system may add white spaces before or after the selected text, even if you haven't selected it, or even truncate what you have actually selected!
- If the error happens on manual registration procedure, while entering the Installation ID in the web browser, it means EITHER that a wrong Serial Number was used to obtain an Installation ID, OR you are not entering the Installation ID correctly. Please redo the entire activation procedure from start, making sure to use a valid Serial Number for the product that you are activating AND to enter it correctly.
- The Serial Number is clearly indicated in the sale's receipt as "Serial Number". Please NO NOT use any number different than Serial Number (for example SKU, Order Number, etc.). Only Serial Numbers are recognized for proper software activation!
Please note: this is a precise error message, indicating a user's mistake, not a bug of the software. Please DO NOT email technical support if you have this error, because it is useless. Your Serial Number is fine, the web store system is up and running since year 2004 and the software, as well as the activation server, has NO bugs. Please follow the instructions listed above STRICTLY as indicated in order to fix this error.
I get generic connection errors and/or cannot contact server messages
- They are normally caused by too restrictive resident software (for example firewall) or by proxy servers not configured correctly. To fix it, please disable such resident programs throughout the activation process. Should the problem persist, please do not use the Automatic activation, but activate it manually as indicated in the user's guide of each product.
I get "The activation key entered is not valid." message
- There are typo errors on the Activation Key. To fix the error, type the Activation Key correctly, watching for 0 and O; l and 1; 5 and S. If possible, copy (select the Activaton Key on the web browser window or from the text file where the Activation key was saved, and press CTRL+C) then paste (click in the Activation Key box and press CTRL+V) it to prevent any typo error. Make sure that no blank spaces or other unwanted characters are present before and after the Activation Key, even if you copy & paste it! Due to a Windows bug, when you copy& paste something, the operative system may add white spaces before or after the selected text, even if you haven't selected it, or even truncate what you have actually selected!
- You are trying to recycle an older activation key coming from a previous installation. In such case, please use your Serial Number to obtain a new Activation Key and never use Activation Keys obtained in the past. Thence, please perform a completely new activation, exactly as you did when the software was activated for the first time. The procedure is explained in the user's guide of each product or in this tutorial.
Please DO NOT email technical support if you have this error, because it is useless. Your Serial Number is fine, the web store system is up and running since year 2004 and the software, as well as the activation server, has NO bugs. Please follow the instructions listed above STRICTLY as indicated in order to fix this error.
CHOOSE HOW TO ACTIVATE THE SOFTWARE
COMPUTER CONNECTED TO INTERNET: AUTOMATIC ACTIVATION
1) If you don't have a Serial Number, buy it on line from https://www.wideview.it/
The purchase can be easily done through any computer connected to Internet. Once purchased, a Serial Number is e-mailed to your e-mail box. Please store this e-mail properly, as the Serial Number is needed for future re-installations.
2) Wait at least 15-20 minutes before proceeding below, to let the server to process your purchase accordingly (you must wait the indicated time, also if the Serial Number was already delivered to your e-mail box after purchase).
3) If the software is still not installed, then install it now as indicated into Quick Start and Installation chapters in the user's guide.
4) If you are activating the software running under a flight simulation app, for added safety please do not use the “Full Screen” mode during the activation process, but run the simulator in a window (press ALT+ENTER). Select Flight Simulator menu Add-Ons (FSX / ESP / P3D) or Modules (FS2004 / 2) - press ALT if you don't see the menu - then select software to activate => About and Register.
For WidevieW 2004 only, click on the ON/OFF switch, once WidevieW is installed inside an aircraft's panel (see the user's guide for more information).
If you are activating a software not running under a flight simulation app, just choose About & Register from the main screen or menu. The window below will appear:
5) Insert the Serial Number received by e-mail, in the provided box. When possible, to prevent errors, please copy&paste it from the sale's receipt, or take great care while typing it (when using copy&paste, make sure there will not be leading or trailing white spaces).
6) Click “Activate automatically now ”. Once the automatic software activation is completed successfully, you will receive a notification message and the software will have to be restarted. Should you get a “Serial number not found” error, make sure that the serial number was purchased at least 15-20 minutes ago and cross-check that you are typing the serial number correctly. Please note that this operation may require several minutes to complete, do not interrupt it for whatsoever reason. Moreover, it is warmly suggested to disable any firewall or any other software limiting the internet connection, throughout the procedure, to prevent connection errors.
COMPUTER NOT INTERNET CONNECTED: MANUAL ACTIVATION
The manual activation has been discontinued by eSellerate, as every computer today is connected to the Internet. Please use automatic activation only.
NEW REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
Applies only to:
- WidevieW 2021 for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)
- Widetraffic 2021 for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)
- Prepar3D to X-Plane WidevieW
!!! IMPORTANT !!! Older Installation ID or Activation Key cannot be recycled. Should you need to re-activate the software after a major hardware / software upgrade, you will need to repeat the whole procedure below from step B using your existing Order Number to get a new Installation ID and Activation Key.
- If you don’t have a Order Number, get it on line from https://www.wideview.it/ The purchase can be easily done through any computer connected to Internet. Once purchased, a Order Number is e-mailed to your e-mail box. Please store this e-mail with care, as the Order Number is needed also for future re-installations and will not be reissued.
- Run the software to be registered and select About | About & Register.
- Fill-out the required details. As email, please use only the email you used to order the software and, for the Order Number, please refer to the sale’s receipt received after payment.
- Get the Installation ID. This is a unique long code used to identify your purchase. It can be copied to clipboard (so you can later Paste it) or can be saved into a text file to be later uploaded.
- From any computer connected to Internet (which can be the same computer running the simulator, of course) open a web browser and browse to https://www.wideview.it/activation.php
- Either Paste the Installation ID obtained before or upload it from a file, as applicable (if the computer with the web browser is the same running the software, you may use “Browse” button from registration window, to automatically open the default browser, with the Installation ID box already pre-filled).
- Use the Submit button on the web page to send the Installation ID. The web browser will answer with an Activation Key.
- Either Copy (select all and press CTRL+C) or Download the Activation Key from the web page, and enter it in the registration window of the software (you may Paste it by CTRL+V or upload it from a saved file).
- Click Activate and restart the software.
Copyright © by Luciano Napolitano - All Rights Reserved.